Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 15~Love Is Hornorable




Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.(1 Peter 3:7)

There are certain words in our language that have powerful meanings. One word we will focus on today is 'Honor'

To honor someone means that you give them respect and high esteem, to treat them as being special and of great worth. Honoring your husband means giving him your full attention.

The other word is 'Holy'
Holiness means set apart for a higher purpose, no longer common or every day, but unique. He is sacred to you, a person to be honored, praised and defended.

Love honors even when it's rejected.
Love treats it's beloved as special and sacred even when an ungrateful attitude is all you get in return.
Romans 12:10
[Be] kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;


Today's Dare


Choose a way to show honor and respect to your husband above your normal routine.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Unfortunately, we had an arguement. Although I was still feeling angry and wanting to stress my side of things, I apologized and dropped the subject. Instead I asked what my husband would like for dinner and started cooking.

GraceFromHim said...

Good for you sweetie. To be honest I had a very difficult couple of weeks in my marriage...it seems every since I started this Love Dare, Satan has been attacking my marriage. I thought I had it together...huh well, God reminded me I still fight the flesh and I still have lots of work to do!

We struggle but we MUST move on God's mercies are new every morning...Praise God for that :)